11523 Santa Monica Blvd.
West L.A., CA 90025
405 exit Santa Monica Blvd Head West toward the ocean Theatre is on the North side at the corner of Colby and Santa Monica
- Metered parking lots are located at the southwestern corner of Santa Monica Blvd and Colby and the northeastern corner of Santa Monica Blvd and Butler. Street Parking is also available but restricted; please read posted signs carefully.
*Important: Santa Monica Blvd is a NO STOPPING ZONE between 4:00 PM & 6:00 PM*
(For all films except special engagements, series, festivals & screenings):
Laemmle Premiere Card holders get $3 off every ticket (except Senior Weekday and Student Sunday tickets), 20% of concessions, and more. Click here for details.
Friday - Sunday and Holidays:
Adult General Admission : $13.00
Child 11 & Under : $10.00
Senior 62 & Over : $10.00
Bargain Price* : $10.00 (for films that start prior to 2pm)
Adult General Admission : $12.00
Child 11 & Under : $9.00
Senior 62 & Over : $9.00
Bargain Price* : $9.00 (for films that start prior to 6pm)
Senior Weekdays (62 & Over) :
Mon - Fri for films that start before 6pm: $6
For films that start before Noon: $8
For films that start after 6pm, with Current Student ID: $8
Culture Vulture Series:
Adult General Admission : $16.00
Senior 62 & Over / Child 11 & Under : $13.00
Adult General Admission : $12.00
Senior 62 & Over / Child 11 & Under : $9.00
Anniversary Classics Series:
All Tickets: $14.00
*SPECIAL ENGAGEMENT (SE) or NON-STANDARD PRICING (NSP): denotes a special engagement, please contact the theatre for pricing
For a full list of Laemmle Discount Programs, click here.
• Senior Weekdays: Seniors 62 & Over, $6 for all films that start before 6pm Monday - Friday.
• Student Sunday Nights: Students, $9 for all films that start after 6 p.m. on Sundays, must display valid student ID at the Box Office
* Discount pricing does not apply to any film that as the "Special Pricing" (SP) icon.
The Royal is located on Santa Monica Blvd., between Bulter and Colby Ave. From the 405 freeway, get off at Santa Monica Blvd. and head west for 5 blocks. The theatre will be on the right.
We recommend using one the City Parking lots. One is on Colby, just south of Santa Monica Blvd., and the other is located on Butler, just north of Santa Monica. The city charges $1 per hour. Some spaces are designated as 2-hour spots, others as 4-hour spots. There is also street parking available around the theatre, but be sure to read posted signs carefully for restrictions. Please note that there is no parking on Santa Monica Blvd. between 4pm and 7pm, Monday-Friday as it is designated as a Tow Away Zone during those times.
- Churros Calientes, 11521 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Nook Bistro, 11628 Santa Monica Blvd.
- California Roll Factory, 11629 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Juquila, 11619 Santa Monica Blvd.
- La Bottega Marino, 11363 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Javan (Persian), 11500 Santa Monica Blvd.
- Delores Restaurant & Bakery, 11407 Sunset Blvd.
• Complimentary assistive listening devices available at the box office. Driver's License or State ID required for deposit.
• Disabled seating and accessible restrooms available.
The Royal Theater was built in 1924 and was originally known as the Tivoli. Laemmle took over the theater in January, 1972. At that time, Laemmle's business operations moved to the office space above the theater and has remained there to this day. The theater seats 600 movie-goers and is one of the last remaining single screen theaters in daily operation in Souther California.